Save the Date for the 2019 Business Synod: Saturday, June 15, 2019
at the Synod Office (1444 Union, Montreal, Fulford Hall, 2nd floor)
- all motions to change the diocesan Canons and Constitution, as well as any other motions that are to be put forward to Synod, must be submitted no later than Monday, March 18, 2019. All proposed changes must be sent to my attention no later than that date.
- all Synod Reports must be sent to my attention no later than Monday, March 18, 2019. A list of expected reports is attached. Independent reports are also accepted.
o In order to confirm the nomination(s), please send me a detailed email confirming the following information: full name of the nominee, email and phone number, deanery and parish/church and for which position the nominee is elected.
o All candidatures must be submitted no later than Monday, April 26, 2019.
§ At their Vestry Meeting:
· each deanery must elect interested members for nominations for election to Diocesan Council by Synod 2019 (the Diocese needs clergy and lay: 3 of each to be elected for a one-year term). Independent nominations are also accepted.
· the following deaneries shall elect a representative to Diocesan Council as follows (to be elected for a three-year period):
o Christ Church Cathedral (Lay)
o Laurentians (Clergy)
· the following deaneries shall also elect a Deanery Lay Delegate to Synod at their Deanery Chapter as per Constitution, Rules and Regulations A.
o Shouth Shore